After months of delays by Bolton Council, we are told they are now “finalising” contracts with Aldi which will allow the supermarket to be built off Bolton Road.
The plans were given permission last year but nothing has happened since.
Are you looking forward to it opening? Share your views below.
Aldi stores usually open between 8am and 10pm Monday to Saturday and between 10am and 4pm on Sundays.
The new Aldi food store will include:
- 99 car parking spaces for the foodstore, including; 6 accessible spaces, 5 staff spaces and 9 Parent and Child Spaces
- Free car parking for up to 90 minutes
- Vehicular access achieved via Bolton Road
- Up to 40 full and part time jobs for local people
- Landscaping to enhance the appearance of the site
The supermarket said: “Aldi is keen to transform this underutilised site by introducing a contemporary, high-quality development to the area.”
Car parking changes
The development will include two car parks. The existing council-operated and free car park will be moved from the eastern part of the site to the west and will be accessed via Library Street which will be resurfaced as part of this scheme. The new car park will provide 76 car parking spaces – more than the current council car park. The existing car park will be redeveloped as part of the Aldi store and will provide 99 customer car parking spaces. Customer access will be retained from Bolton Road.